Friday, October 1, 2010

Using the Google Docs word processor, CIS 275 Assignment 15

Assignment:
Write a short description of the best class you have taken at CSUDH. (If this is your first semester, select the best class from a previous school). Let the reader know the name of the class, who taught it, what it covered, what you liked about it and why it was important to you.

 
Since this is my first semester at CSUDH, I will talk about the class I took previously at Los Angeles Harbor City College. During the Fall 2009 semester I took an Art 101 class also known as Ethics. I consider this class to be the best class I took so far. Now, people that know me would say that how come I did not choose a computer class? This is the reason why.

This class had awoken several things inside of me. First thing awakened was a sense of a global responsibility. There are people out there that need our help. While talking about different ethic issues in the world I realized that I also can contribute to the society by acting ethically and more morally responsible. This caused me to join Amnesty International organization and provide a monthly contribution for their greater cause. I also sign petitions that I have either personal or global citizen interests in. Second thing awakened was sense for patience. I re-thought myself on how to be patient when someone else is talking about the topics that we disagree on. I started to respect other believes more and not being afraid to discuss those issues face to face.

Class became an important piece of puzzle that allowed me to get out of the class with more ideas on the things that surrounds us. Dr. Sage Bennet was teaching this class. She was very good and really knew what she is talking about. Ethics is a hard topic. I like the idea that I got out of this class more ethical then I was before I started it.

This document is visible to anyone thanks to this link provided by Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1dBsQbuDU74AgCWBpe4xVm655aY2PIFPiQMEgUBe6sBo

No comments:

Post a Comment